Monday, October 12, 2009

Ummmm....was I going to write a blog?

Isn't it just like that? Action and Intention, Action and Intention. In my yoga classes we often work through the paradigm of adding action to intention, and thus achieving what we seek; yoga, union, peace. What happens when there is so much action, that intention gets pushed aside, forgotten, or simply made to wait? Does that mean there is less yoga, less peace, less union?

As I fell into the deep well of Kalari at the retreat in Latvia, the practice was so intense, that there was little room for anything else, like blogging, returning emails, just barely enough room to keep the studio flowing, and not burn the building down (with great support from Amanda!).

When I arrived home, jet-lagged and inspired, but exhausted, I had 197 emails in my inbox & guess what? A Master Class, my own teaching schedule, and a Kalari retreat beginning here at Flow-with others starting around the country and needing information, photos, flights booked...not to mention a husband living in Toronto, and a sweet Buttercup the dog starving for my attention. What to do, what to do?

Once again the message is soooo clear: SURRENDER.

I have been carving out time in the in-between moments for my meditation practice, eating as much wholesome, nourishing food as possible (cooking at home), and maintaining a somewhat consistent sleep schedule. Some things, like this blog have been put on the back burner, but this is the rhythm that I can sustain, and isn't that what we work for in each yoga class? We work on finding the level of intensity that we can sustain, lettting the rest go, laying down the ego...the ego that says we should stay up until 4am taking care of all those emails & just grab a 'double double with whip' at Starbucks in the morning to keep us going.

So I am, again, letting go, and doing the best that I can-neglected blog and all. I hope that you're letting go and doing the best that you can, too.

Let's make it a collective intention: for fall-to-winter transitions surrender to what is, do our best to stay connected, and find peace to let go what we can not reasonably sustain.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for reminding us that maintaining balance is more important than achieving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lady! I LOOOVE my beautiful earrings, even prettier because you made them with love! Hey, y'all..check out Connie's earrings at the studio!

    ReplyDelete