Sunday, September 13, 2009

From Aubri...Treatment in Latvia

There are no words to express what an amazing, powerful experience it has been to receive from Sherifka’s teachings while attending this kalari workshop. His wisdom in various facets of the human experience leaves me awed and inspired.

I feel very blessed to be receiving kalari massage treatments from Sherifka while here. The treatments are to continue the healing process in my sacrum. They are done with specific oils in specific places; for me they have consisted of both hand massage and manipulation techniques. Through a few snaps, crackles, and pops, my body feels like it has returned to a more balanced state. It amazes me how Sherifka knows the exact points to be adjusted before he touches my body.

Today I began wearing a kacha (long fabric) tied around my hip area to keep everything more tight and supported while practicing. It made a world of difference. Though having this slightly restricts my range of motion, the feeling of being strong and stable in this area is amazing.

I am very grateful for my teachers, providing me the opportunity to grow in my practice, heal my body, and continually open my eyes to the depths of the kalari practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment