Sunday, September 6, 2009

On the Road Again

Labor Day Weekend.

I flew to Burlington, Vermont on Friday, where my (newly employed!) husband, Michael, and his father had driven across the border from Canada to pick me up for the annual Mueller family reuion at Sutton, Quebec. It was around midnight and I was tired, but very glad to see Michael, especially since his new job is in Toronto &  we'll have a long-distance marriage for a while.

It is a great thing to be in these rolling lush mountains & feel the crisp air as the season begins to change. I can't help but take deep breaths and begin to integrate all the firey-ness of the summer. What a lesson in transformation it has been. From death, to illness, to shifts in my marriage, the studio and my home, the summer never let up its metaphorical heat. But with fall comes a sense of internal groundedness. I am beginning to feel the peace of that grounding , and for that, I am grateful.

As I begin the fall season, I am looking forward to assisting and hosting some fantastic workshops (in the U.S. and abroad...more on that later), to traveling and coming home. To meeting new students, teachers and friends and deepening connections with my current sangha.

For now, as we honor our working lives and take a break this Labor Day, I am drinking the air, feeling my feet in the grass, reading reading reading, and thinking of how lucky I am to be awake and alive.














The pond, Danielle, Andrew and the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment