Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ending-ile

Patrick again. Tonight is the last night in Kannur for us. Tomorrow morning Jennifer Ellen and I are taking a train to Cochin. There, we will luxuriate for a day before hopping on a plane for Dubai the following morning. JE's buddy Brian is picking us up in town there and taking us around for a bit, as we have an approximately 12-hour layover.

I'm really going to miss this place. Adrika's incredible laugh and manner of speaking. Always taunting and ready to brawl, and at 75 years old, part of me always believed him that he'd kick an ass in an instant. Rajeef, a total powerhouse in the Kalari, was the most tender guy I've ever known, ending massages with an actually-too-tender toweling that was really something to get used to. But he was a really good singing voice to listen to, and as I said, in the Kalari he was a machine. Ramesh, the guy who did two weeks of full body massage on my broken physique, had a crazy and wild laugh that emerged especially when something went wrong, someone was injured, or someone did something ridiculous. Annil. I have no idea about this guy. An opulent nicotine fiend, he was difficult to rope into any serious labor, but when he got down to it, he moved my body through additional weeks of body massage, treatment and kyrie. Shit, and Lakshmiti's food was soulful, spicy and nourishing, day after day. She churned more out of a bunsen burner and a wood stove than I've ever concocted, with all the bells and whistles.

Adieu! Can't wait for the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment