Saturday, February 27, 2010

Packing and Purging

Well, it's that time again, castor oil and a date with the toilet. Due to complete denial of the fact that I begin the three day journey home tomorrow (one day in Cochin, one in Dubai), I am also packing. Om Namah Shivaya!

As a last goodbye to the city, Patrick, Dearblah and I went to town last night after dinner, just to walk around. The streets are all jammed up with people, animals and traffic traffic traffic. Unbelievably, with all the lights, sounds, smells and general hustle and bustle, I felt like I was in the Indian version of the West Village in Manhattan-with the exception of the Brahmin priests doing pujas on the corner temples and the cows.

All in all, despite the difficulties I have experienced here, perhaps because of them in part, I feel that now familiar connection to the greater of humanity and through that, to divinity. India has a wonderful way of showing you what you need to see, not necessarily what you want to see. I am ready for the next transition home and all the transitions that will undoubtedly unfold in the coming year until I can return here again.

Next I will say goodbye to friends old and new, and look forward to reconnecting with my community at home and giving back, to the greatest extent I can, the gifts that I have received here.

No comments:

Post a Comment