Saturday, February 6, 2010

This Time for Real

Well, I REALLY thought I was getting better when I last posted, but in fact, the worst was yet to come. I won't bore you with the details, but essentially I ended up not being able to breathe. Problem. After rushing to one doctor, then the next and finally to the hospital (western), I recieved a really wierd inhalation treatment, some super duper antibiotics & voila, not dead! Hooray!

It is now my 4th day of practice, and I am for sure feeling into it. Unsure of how much strength, but feeling an underlying urgency to make up for the lost two weeks. In my conscious mind, I know this is useless and unproductive, but I inevitibaly feel the slight ego tug of "should do more".  Needless to say, I am grateful for my practices of mindfullness and letting go, they are sure getting some fine tuning right now.

As for life in Kerala, we have been a huge group. I believe that we number 22 at the moment (from the U.S., Italy, France, Germany, Sweden, England, and Japan). The biggest group to ever be here at the same time. It may not sound like alot to you, but we only have two practice spaces, and with everyone on different levels, the Kalaris only hold about 6 comfortably. So it's been tight, but REALLY fun to meet and connect with old and new friends, and super inspiring to watch the people who have been practicing for a lot longer than me- who knew regular humans could fly?!

Two nights ago, we had a roof top gathering with guitars, singing, sweets and chatting. In the glow of the candles, I felt so peaceful, joyful and deeply grateful for these experiences (even if I had had some turbulence). It is wonderful to be here.

Nicole, Patrick and Ryan have done their purge today, so I'll let Patrick tell you all about that, I am sure he has some interesting things to say about it...

As for me, I am just glad to be on the other side of the mountain, and look forward to sharing more as I go.

Om Love,
Jennifer Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment