Saturday, February 20, 2010

Okay, that's it, I love it here.

It occurred to me how much I love it here at the tail end of a long trip to town, when I was super frustrated by all the rickshaws refusing to pick me up and take me home. I was hot, dusty, and dripping in sweat & they kept passing, one after another. Then I turned around only to realize that I was standing 20 feet from a rickshaw stand & that if one of them had picked me up, it would have been poaching a customer from the guy at the front of the line. Yet again, the beauty of the people here shines radiantly.


On another note, after a few days of really good practice (not enough for my liking, after missing so much,  but I keep chopping away at the ego monster), I started treatment today. I am getting a shortened version- one week of the same thing as last year, Nadi Massage and Kyrie (herb packs cooked in boiling oil & pounded & rubbed) into my skin.


I was apprehensive to start, but as soon as Sherifka put his hands on my head, I immediately felt that my ENTIRE body and my mind had shifted. It was much easier for me to just sit and receive, even when the oil splashed on my legs a bit, I didn't fall apart (I would have and did last year). It is unbelievable how radically this practice and healing work has transformed me, and I am seeing it in so many others as well. I was flipping out about it to Gerhard, and wondering why he wasn't echoing my same level of enthusiasm when he reminded me that he has been at it for 10 years, and although he still feels inspired by seeing the huge shifts in people, it doesn't shock him any more. Well, I look forward to that, but in the meantime, I"ll just keep flipping out & marveling at how exactly I got so lucky. 


Just 12 more days, it's starting to go very fast now.


OM LOVE,
Jennifer Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment